Subject: Re: SCSI card setup
To: JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com>
From: Steve Davidson <smd@scshome.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/30/2003 20:02:06

The two cards are the Adaptec ones.  I use these all the time.  This evening I
will be adding a second one to my 1.6.1 system.  I'll let you know what I had
to do to make it work.

I'm not sure about how well it may be recognized - device termination may be
an issue.  I know that for NT all I do is change the port address and the IRQ
and NT deals with the DMA magically.  I suspect that if the I/O is intensive
that the DMA channel should be changed as well...  In that case I would look
at using the DMA channel that the IDE controllers would use if they were in
the system.

One other thought...  Does your system allow you to choose which IRQ's are
relegated to PCI and which to ISA?  If so,  then I would make sure that the
two IRQ's used for the SCSI are set to ISA/Legacy - the Adaptec's have no
clue about PnP.

			-Steve