Subject: Re: SCSI card setup
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Steve Davidson <smd@scshome.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/30/2003 08:06:10
Manuel,

I would write down the settings of the first card, remove it, and set the
second card to the those settings.  Reboot the system to see if it functions -
 that will test the second card.  If the card works you will remove some of the
guess work.  This will also allow you to test the new card with a known good
SCSI cable (potentially a big area of problems).

If you go to the Adaptec Web site you will find the information
you need about configuring this series of controllers.  The big things are:

Port Address (130, 134, 230, 234, 330, 334 (default))
DMA Channel (0, 5 (default), 6, 7)
DMA Xfer Rate (start with 5.0MB/sec)
IRQ (9, 10, 11 (default), 12, 14, 15) (I would avoid 9 if possible)

If the second card works,  set one to the defaults, providing no conflicts
with other cards and set the second to:

Port Address: 330 or 234 or 230... (in that order)
DMA Channel: this will require some experimenting on your part refer to docs
DMA Xfer Rate: 5.0MB/sec
IRQ: whatever one you can find that is free in the list.

Hope this helps.

			-Steve