Subject: Re: SCSI card setup
To: JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com>
From: Scott Zahn <scott@xeroxparc.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/29/2003 14:22:43
Hmm...  I'm more comfortable in Linux.  I'm using BSD to branch out and
learn different *nixes (btw, if someone out there could give me a limited
AIX account, I'd be grateful).  I don't know what the devices would be
named in bsd.  My hard drive is wd0.  If someone could give us a quick
rundown as to how *bsd names devices, I'd appreciate it.  As far as making
the hard drive useful, I would try fdisk to make the slices and partitions
and then try newfs to format them.  And I'd read their man pages to see
what options were available.  I could be way off, but that's the first
avenue I'd try.