Subject: Re: kernel update releases?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Post <apost@recalcitrant.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/27/2003 02:28:50
In article <20031027012112.GA7257@bjan.net>, Bruce J.A. Nourish wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 11:00:51AM +1100, DG wrote:
>>
>> Having for some time used a certain other open source UNIX-like operating
>> system, I have become accustomed to fairly regular kernel updates.
>
> It is possible to update your kernel sources (and, in fact, sources for
> the entire OS) as often as you feel like.

DG,

  You'll be pleasantly surprised, I think, at how infrequently this is
  actually required with NetBSD.  It isn't like the "new local root
  hole patched every week" linux stuff.  Of course, given the
  never-ending stream of problems in the BIND resolver library,
  openssl and openssh, updating userland is necessary more often.

    Alan