Subject: Re: UVM page fault
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Fionn Cleary <fcleary@netsoc.tcd.ie>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/26/2003 23:21:05
On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 12:32:13AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> Looks like there's a page of RAM missing. Any idea why it's reserved ?
> Maybe you have some BIOS option to tweak ?
>
> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
>      NetBSD: 24 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference
> --

Just reinstalled, but this time used standard bootblocks, as opposed
to serial ones. works fine, and I'm compiling a new kernel as a
test. serial terminal works fine though. I'm confused. Some kind of
weird serial bug? I've had this machine as a gateway with an isdn ta
and have had no problems whatsoever with linux using a serial console.

btw, is there a way to set a terminal in /etc/ttys as using clocal (ie
cable with only tx, rx and gnd, no flow control) I'm currently just
using cron to set clocal every minute (quite a nasty hack) freebsd
seems to have a capability in /etc/gettytab and you can use the -L
option in linux to getty. any netbsd equivalents?

fionn