Subject: laptop shutdown with power button
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas devreese <thomasdevreese@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/26/2003 11:01:46
Hi, I have compiled apm and acpi support in the kernel. For acpi, the only
option enabled is MPBIOS and all ACPI devices are in. Now I can press the
powerbutton on my laptop, to shut down the system. This works amazingly fast
(within 2 seconds or so..)
If I restart, all seems normal so I guess the disk get synced.

All programs seem to get killed instantly too, which can be a problem if you
haven't saved all your work in advance. Isn't it possible to let the kernel
send each process an ordinary stop signal so a program can propose to save
the changes a user made?

greetings,
Thomas

Ken je het magazine Glamo al? http://www.msn.be/glamo