Subject: Re: Build a Kernel
To: Richard Ibbotson <richard@sheflug.co.uk>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/24/2003 10:17:30
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Richard Ibbotson wrote:

> > tar xvzf config.tar.gz # this should create usr.sbin/config
> > tar xzf sys.tar.gz # and this should create a sys directory

> > Maybe show what you did. So we can see the problem.

> Tried dumping said files into a directory on the hard drive and also
> /tmp.  Tried 'tar xvf' also 'tar xzvpf' and other things.  All that
> happened was that the archives just opened up where they were.  Me
> being stupid I think :)

What do you mean by "opened up where they were"?

I don't see what the problem is. It doesn't matter where you extract them
and there should be a right place. (I sometimes do kernel builds within a
home directory, for example.)

Maybe show what you did. So we can see the problem

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/