Subject: PCMCIA Controller Compatibility
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/23/2003 12:45:23
Hi All,

While I am waiting for my new scsi controller card to
be delivered, I figured that if I wanted other cards I
am going to run out of slots and will have to resort
to switching out cards when I need them.  So, I began
to look into getting a pcmcia controller card so I
don't have to open up the case every time I want to
change a card.  However, under the hardware
compatibility list for isa pcmcia controller cards,
there is only this listed:

Intel i82365 and compatibles (pcic) [PnP]

Does this mean that almost all controller cards are
compatible?  I am looking into getting this card from
ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3436215907&category=3710

Would that card be compatible with NetBSD?

Thanks,
J Silverman