Subject: Re: problem putting thinkpad 600X into suspend mode
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/23/2003 15:07:36
gilbertf@netbsd-fr.org (Gilbert Fernandes) writes:

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 04:43:38PM -0400, Russell McManus wrote:
>
>> The weird problem I am experiencing is that when I suspend the
>> system with apm -S (light sleep), it comes back fine, but when I
>> put it into deep sleep with apm -z, it lights up again, but does
>> not seem to respond to the keyboard.
>
> Did you compile your kernel with the following option to apm ?
>
> options         APM_DISABLE_INTERRUPTS=0

Yes!  Give that man a free bag of peanuts...

I missed the apm man page in section 4.  From apm(4):

    APM_DISABLE_INTERRUPTS
             Set this to zero if you don't want the kernel to disable inter-
             rupts before calling the BIOS. This is required for most IBM
             ThinkPads, and some other newer laptops. A good indication that
             you need this is that the machine hangs just after resuming from
             suspended state. It's unclear if doing this has negative effects
             on older BIOS, therefore it defaults to one (i.e interrupts are
             disabled).

NetBSD rules.  I mean that both technically, and in the quality of the
assistance you get from other users.

-russ