Subject: Re: Webmin and netbsd
To: Roberto Pereyra <netbsd@gualeguaychu.gov.ar>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/22/2003 16:16:00
At 8:17 AM -0300 10/22/03, Roberto Pereyra wrote:
>Hi all !
>
>I have a question:
>
>Does Webmin (www.webmin.com) work well under NetBSD ?

Yup, it works great :)

>I ask this because I don't find webmin like pkgsrc or package.

I'm guessing that that's simply because it "just works" and isn't
really even worth taking the time to package. You just untar it, type
"./setup.sh" and it walks you through everything. It takes care of
updating itself to the latest version (automatically or manually when
you tell it to), and it never conflicts with itself with other
versions (/usr/local/webmin-#.###/ where # is version number), and
never conflicts with anything else.

HTH
Mike
--