Subject: dhclient -and- dhcp server in same box?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/21/2003 07:39:51
Hi,

I have DSL that gives me one IP address via DHCP.

But I have several other machines that I would like to either assign
permanent non-routable addresses or have them be "local clients" to
my internal net getting their IP info via DHCP.

I'd like all the machines to have Internet access through the main
NetBSD box (which has 2 ethernet interfaces - one that connects to the
DSL modem, the other that connects to a switch that has all my other
local machines.)

How do I do this?  What I find is that since the machine that's
connected to DSL is up all the time (except when I install patches
or whatever) and the IP address is assigned and kept the same while
the machine stays up.

But I don't know know to work that into a "dynamic" DHCP server for
my other local machines.  I didn't see anything explaining how to
do this in dhcpd.conf(5) or dhcpd(8).

Thanks for any ideas on this!

-Mike