Subject: Re: D-Link DFE-530TX+ Compatibility
To: Jeffrey Bedard <jefbed@e-list.net>
From: JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/16/2003 14:33:29
Hi Ben and Jeff,

Thank you very much for your information about the
autoconfig issues when dealing with the name server on
NetBSD.  However, I did hear that I could use my
router as a dns server which will redirect to the main
server on my isp.  However, once I set it up to try it
out, the pings to my router or other computers on the
network hang right after I hit the enter button and
will stay there for a couple of minutes before it
starts listing if the pings were successful.  Why
would that be?  It wasn't doing this before I
configured it  for the router.  Also, I tried an
outside site, and my netbsd box seems that it cannot
connect with the router as a name server.  Do you
might have another suggestions?

Thanks,
J Silverman