Subject: promise raid array
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Truss <simon@bigblue.demon.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/16/2003 22:21:20
Hi,

I appear to have fallen at the first hurdle. I could use some help.

I wanted to try out a promise SX6000 raid array with NetBSD but
installing 1.6.1 has poven impossible.
the card should have appeared as an I2O array, but the install kernel
say its not configured.

ppb1 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x0962 (rev 0x02)
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
pci2: i//o space, memory space enabled, rd/line, wr/inv ok
venndor 0x8086 product 0x1962 (undefined subclass 0x00, interface 0x01,
revision 0x02) at pci0 dev 8 function 1 not configured

is it just a matter of adding this to the kernel in the right table?

I also note from the above that the product code is different, is this
usual? its not a typo on my part.

Simon