Subject: Re: problems getting the system/userland source via cvs
To: Christian Palomino <zakhrin@freeshell.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/15/2003 10:22:28
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Christian Palomino wrote:

> El Wed, 15 de 10 de 2003 a las 12:02, Stefan Dengscherz escribi?
> > Yes i tried both, checking out with an existing (empty) /usr/src and a
> > non existing - executing the cvs checkout command both times in /usr.
> >
> > The checkout just finished and it seems to me that cvs rm -Rf's the src
> > dir after the checkout because i watched the directory on another
> > console and noticed the subdirs in src disappearing.
> Well, once I had that problem with the STABLE branch, and it was because
> you have to use :
> cvs checkout -rnetbsd-1-6 -PA src
> and not -rnetbsd-1-6-1, if I remeber well (the branch is 1.6 and you'll
> get 1.6.1 anyway)

Bingo! You'll actually get 1.6.1_STABLE. If you really wanted 1.6.1
exactly, the static tag (not branch) would be netbsd-1-6-PATCH001.

"src" has only one branch for NetBSD-1.6 plus all patch releases, and
that is the netbsd-1-6 branch. "pkgsrc" and "xsrc" have, or will have,
shorter-lived branches, like netbsd-1-6-1, netbsd-1-6-2 (not yet).

Frederick