Subject: Re: Segmentation fault -core dumped
To: Alden Louis-Pierre <alden.pierre@verizon.net>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/14/2003 08:04:49
On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 09:44:36PM -0400, Alden Louis-Pierre wrote:

>     I'm trying to install NetBSD on the machine listed above, but when
> ever I try to install the set misc.tgz I get segmentation fault -core
> dumped.

> OS                  = NetBSD 1.6.1

There was a bug in sysinst that is (probably) in 1.6.1 (it is fixed
in the branch now).  Turning off the list of file names while the
sets are extracted tends to help avoid the problem.

Rerunning sysinst doing an install with 'keep existing layout' and
setting the mount points yourself and skipping the sets that worked
(it may force you to install a couple) may get you to the end.

Or install a snapshot of current.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk