Subject: mount and modem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <emorfin@caracol.red.cinvestav.mx>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/13/2003 23:22:14
Hi!

I'm new on netbsd, i'm trying the livecd and have some questions:

how can i mount my win (fat) partition? (mount -t ??? /dev/wd0??
/mnt/wd0a)

and my ext3 partition? can i use the ext2 type?

is xfs or reiser supported?

is hfs and hfsplus (ppc) supported?

my modem is in com3 (win) and ttyS2 on linux, where is on netbsd?

The live cd has no man pages =(

I just discover the man pages on netbsd.org, but i can't see them in
netbsd (can't detect modem to conect) so i have to reboot, check the man
pages, reboot and try.

how can i config the ethernet card? (no dhcp) where are the files to edit
them? (are ther files or just with ifconfig?)

how can i start or stop daemons?

Where i have to put my scripts to run at boottime?

can livecd be installed on HD? or i have to use the install cd?

are there any troubles if i have others OS om my box? (partitions, etc)

I'll keep trying the live cd, playing and discovering. Bye.

PS: please CC me, i'm not in the list. Thank you!