Subject: Re: D-Link DFE-530TX+ Compatibility
To: JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com>
From: Jeffrey Bedard <jefbed@e-list.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/13/2003 18:38:03
   Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:55:09 -0700 (PDT)
   From: JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com>
   Cc: collver1@comcast.net, vugdeox@freeshell.org, netbsd-help@NetBSD.org
   Sender: netbsd-help-owner@NetBSD.org

   computers on the network.  However, I did not do the
   latter part of your instructions because I do not know
   the name server of my ISP.  Is there anyway that the
   computer can autoconfig this, or do I have to check
   with my ISP?

I am not sure if NetBSD can autoconfig the DNS servers.  My GNU/Linux box is currently my gateway.  It uses the wvdial program (sadly not available on NetBSD at the moment), which does all work necessary to establish a ppp connection, including autodns.  I just copied the dns addresses obtained by autodns into my NetBSD box's /etc/resolv.conf.  The easiest and quickest way to determine the nameserver is to mail support@<yourisp>.

-Jeff