Subject: Re: Problem with kde3.1.4
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Klein <kleink@reziprozitaet.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/08/2003 23:50:17
On Wednesday 08 October 2003 12:00, Mark Richard Kirby wrote:

> I have NetBSD 1.6.1 installed on an i386 machine. I have installed kde3.1.4
> through the packages collection and all went well.
>
> However when i select the keyboard tab (settings=>Control
> Centre=>Perpherals=>Keybard). I get the following error:-
>
> Library files for "libkcm_keyboard.la" not found in paths
>
> I have looked in /usr/pkg/lib/kde3 and libkcm_keyboard.la is not there.
> And i cant find it anywhere on my system.

This problem is known and by now well-understood, but unfortunately fixing it
requires a change made to NetBSD's X11 distribution a couple of days ago.

You either need to wait for NetBSD 1.6.2 to be released and grab its xbase set
and kdebase3 binary package, or compile from NetBSD-current's xsrc tree and
pkgsrc's kdebase3.

- Klaus