Subject: installation problem (i386/current)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/06/2003 08:30:07
Hi

On a recent i386 laptop (the brand is Medion), installation of 1.6.1 or
current is not possible because the keyboard does not work. sysinst
starts up, but it is impossible to move in the menus or to stop it using
^C.

I think it is a keyboard problem and not a hang, because while init is
creating a MFS /dev, typing return does not produce newlines.

Startup messages show a keyboard at port 0x60-0x64, IRQ 1, and Windows
XP reports the same parameters, so this does not look like a
configuration problem. I tried to use userconf to disable various things
(isapnp, uhci, ohci...) with no luck.

Any idea? What can I try to turn this into something usable?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Il y a 10 sortes de personnes dans le monde: ceux qui comprennent