Subject: Re: Something odd with Yahoo groups
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/03/2003 20:59:47
Richard Rauch wrote:
> I've had a YaHoo account since earlier this year.  (Free email account, anyway.)
> I don't use it for much, but I do drop in via Mozilla.  I don't remember
> what browser I used to set up the account; maybe Mozilla, maybe Netscape
> 4.x.  (shrug)
>
> At the risk of insulting your intelligence, have you tried the usual suspects?
> (Cookies & Java.)
>
> They might also be doing something really dumb about browser identifications.
> Try different browsers, maybe?

Richard,

I'm thick-skinned, so risk away... Also been quite short on sleep lately. But
even so I did think of that (should have mentioned). I started out with
cookies enabled only for sending site. Then I widened it to accept all cookies.
I do have Java. And JavaScripts work on other sites (including some of my
own). Still it's no go.

I suppose I might install another browser...just to experiment. But I really
like Mozilla on account of needing it for XML/XSLT. And in fact, I use Java
to generate my XSLT stuff via Apache/Xalan. Never had a problem with Java. And
my cookies are now wide open. So it is a mystery. I knew folks might suppose
it an ignorant query, but I can't abide a mystery. So I tried a shot in the
dark.

Thanks for responding. Guess I'll put the question to Yahoo.

Gan

--

  Mistera Sturno - Rarest Extinct Bird

  <(+)__       Gan Uesli Starling