Subject: Re: NetBSD being used as the core for secure OS distro
To: Tilo Riemer <t.riemer@visoel.de>
From: None <netbsd99@sudog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/03/2003 11:42:19
On Thursday 25 September 2003 06:00, Tilo Riemer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > The brief is to create a minimal Unix system based on a solid core.
> > It would be intended to run desktop machines and workstations, and
> > to be a small and light as possible.
>
> If you want it to have light and small KDE is definitive the wrong
> desktop environment. I recommend using of ROX (rox.sourceforge.net),
> it's light, very fast, elegant and have a very smart DND concept.
>

> Best regards, Tilo

Try PWM also. It's one of the smallest window managers I've seen,
supports forced tabbing, and is almost perfectly customizable. For
tiny/quick/out-of-your-way, pwm is me fave. But now that I've heard of
rox, I'll try it out. But out of about 15 window managers I evaluated
just about 4 months ago, pwm was for me the best.

Oh, it also supports dockable applets, so all those little eyecandy
programs out there work perfectly under pwm. :)
--
no .plan