Subject: Maintaining Local sources
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Howland <metalliqaz@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/30/2003 19:20:04
I waited forever for the cvs checkout of the entire netbsd-1-6 branch, but i
did get the whole thing.  I plan on updating everything, since I missed the
last 20 serurity updates or so.  I have NetBSD 1.6 (1.6.0 to be clear)

the next day, i decided to try the update procedure, to see how it worked.

I followed the directions here:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/updating.html

I ran the command "cvs update -dP" and let it go for a ways before i
realized I may have screwed up.  I want the latest stable branch,
not -current.  but wouldnt this command get -current?  shouldnt I add "-r
netbsd-1-6" ?

what I need to know is....is my local tree b0rked?  does it have half
the -current branch now?  will it fix it to run "cvs update -dP -r
netbsd-1-6" ?

everywhere else I look on the web, besides that page i linked to, includes
the "-r netbsd-1-6" in the update line.

I sure hope I don't have to do an entire checkout again...

any help appreciated, thanks much
-d