Subject: Re: SSH Fix On Box Behind Proxy Firewall - How ??
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Nick Boyce <nick@glimmer.demon.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/30/2003 04:01:53
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:25:09 -0700 (PDT), Jeremy Reed wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Nick Boyce wrote:
>
>>  /usr/src# cvs update -d -P -r netbsd-1-6 crypto/dist/ssh
>>  rsh: anoncvs.netbsd.org: No address associated with hostname
>
>Try the SSH method or pserver method.
>
>Some ideas are at http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/ (but be
>sure to keep "-r netbsd-1-6").
>
>For example:
>CVS_RSH=3Dssh

Thanks - I've just read that reference now.  So I must tunnel my cvs
session through SSH ... so I need to be able to run outbound SSH
connections across our proxy firewall.  Hmmm ... never seen any
sshd_config directives for specifying a proxy to use (assuming our
firewall even _has_ an SSH proxy).   I'll check this when I'm at work
tomorrow ... or are you suggesting I'll have to run something like
this SSH-over-SSL tunneling script via the SSL proxy that we
definitely do have ? :
http://honor.trusecure.com/pipermail/firewall-wizards/1998-April/002371.h=
tml
[ Yes, my Google button has just seen some more action :-) ]

Thanks for your help.

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
Special Relativity: The person in the other queue thinks yours is
moving faster.