Subject: Re: Switching over to pkg/postfix
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Roger Fischer <roger@aileron.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/28/2003 22:38:58
At 9:48 PM -0500 9/28/03, James K. Lowden wrote:
>On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:16:55 -0700, Roger Fischer <r@aileron.org> wrote:
>>  I'm trying to migrate from the default postfix (1.1.3) in NetBSD 1.6.1
>>  to pkgsrc postfix (2.0.14).  (Please let me know if this is a bad idea
>  > ;^)
>
>I'm no expert, but I did spend the weekend reading postfix docs.
>
>Best I can see, mailer.conf should alias everything to
>/usr/pkg/sbin/sendmail.  mailwrapper will transform e.g. "mailq" into the
>appropriate "sendmail xxx", which of course will be postfix's sendmail
>emulation.

Thanks for the info.  Any idea about the following settings in main.cf?
I can't find any info about them at www.postfix.org in the docs section.

	sendmail_path =
	newaliases_path =
	mailq_path =

Do I set these to /usr/pkg/sbin/sendmail?
Do I set them to the appropriate /usr/pkg/sbin/postalias (postqueue)?
do I set them all to /usr/sbin/sendmail  (link to /usr/sbin/mailwrapper)?

I tried setting them all to /usr/sbin/sendmail.  Postfix starts up OK
without complaining,
but no mail comes through.  If I shut it down and fire up the old
postfix, all my mail comes in.

Thanks,
	- rog