Subject: Switching over to pkg/postfix
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Fischer <r@aileron.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/28/2003 13:16:55
I'm trying to migrate from the default postfix (1.1.3) in NetBSD 1.6.1
to pkgsrc postfix (2.0.14).  (Please let me know if this is a bad idea  ;^)

I backed up then edited /etc/rc.d/postfix
Changed the path for required_files, start_cmd, stop_cmd, reload_cmd
per the the install message.

I copied my custom settings from /etc/postfix/main.cf to
/usr/pkg/etc/postfix/main.cf.
Running "postfix check" I found that Version 2 of postfix requires
additional settings
in main.cf that were not previously set.
	sendmail_path
	newaliases_path
	mailq_path

Now here is where things get weird. I see that there are some new
commands in /usr/pkg/sbin:
	sendmail, postalias, postqueue.
Are these the new commands?  In /etc/mailer.conf, all of these had
been aliased to /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail.  Should all these
commands no go to /usr/pkg/sbin/sendmail,
or do I do anything with postalias and postqueue?  And.. It looks
like these need to be set in two places, the new main.cf and in
mailer.conf.  Has anybody had experience with this migration?

Thanks,
	- Roger