Subject: Re: NetBSD being used as the core for secure OS distro
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/27/2003 01:47:41
Greg A. Woods [Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 06:48:36PM -0400]:
> [ On Thursday, September 25, 2003 at 21:14:25 (+0100), Shane M. Coughlan wrote: ]
> > Subject: Re: NetBSD being used as the core for secure OS distro
> >
> > I may regret asking this, but what known limitations are likely to come and
> > bit me (especially on the i386 flavour of the system)?
>
> There's much more current i386 hardware support in FreeBSD than in
> NetBSD across the board, especially if you consider FreeBSD 5.1 (though
> 5.1 is really not ready for general production use in my opinion).

Greg,

I don't know, if you have used it, but FreeBSD 5.1 is not even stable enough
to run my normal desktop operations.

It's swapper code is somehow fscked up currently, we have to wait until it
stabilizes.

--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl
Noise to meet you.