Subject: Re: foo
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/24/2003 06:25:32
My 0.00002534 cents worth ...

I'm sure most everyone's seen this before, but here's a report published
back in March by the CDT on a study they performed on where email
addresses were harvested from and ways to help prevent it:

  http://www.cdt.org/speech/spam/030319spamreport.shtml

I've used some of their suggestions on addresses that show up on public
websites, and have seen moderate results.  My results could be better, but
I made the decision not to use throw-away addresses for the NetBSD lists
or other lists that I deem important.  I do, however, have a laundry list
of expendables used for website registrations and other such ilk.

---
  /\---/\  Eric J Fox
 /  o o  \ Home & Small Business Computer Support
 \.\   /./ in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area
    \@/    http://fox.phoenix.az.us/support
.