Subject: Re: foo
To: None <lubos.vrbka@jh-inst.cas.cz>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/24/2003 16:34:11
    Date:        Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:36:48 +0200
    From:        Lubos Vrbka <lubos.vrbka@jh-inst.cas.cz>

  | maybe it isn't a proof for you, but at least is VERY suspicious and
  | weird... how would it be possible that the virus was delivered on my 1
  | day old address?

Why would an e-mail address harvester bother scanning www e-mail
archives, when all they need to do is join the mailing list at some
innocuous mailbox, and have all the messages (complete with unscrambled
e-mail addresses) delivered directly to them?

If you send (even once) to any public forum (which really means, to any
address where you don't know and trust the recipients) then you need to
expect to get spam to your address.

kre

ps: this is not relevant to how some worm picks addresses to send to
of course, but again, for them, there are better sources of addresses
than attempting to parse html.