Subject: Re: foo
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/24/2003 01:01:24
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Lubos Vrbka wrote:

> maybe it isn't a proof for you, but at least is VERY suspicious and
> weird... how would it be possible that the virus was delivered on my 1
> day old address? i think at that time there were ~5 people outside the
> netbsd-maillists-community who knew this address! and probably another
> indication... no one of my 10 colleagues (not subscribed to the list)
> get these virus infected e-mails...

Probably someone using the list also uses a susceptible Microsoft email
client (that had your email in the inbox) that was compromised.

(From a quick look at various saved emails from netbsd lists, I don't see
any Microsoft mail users other than Microsoft-Entourage email client
which is for Mac OS.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/