Subject: Re: VMware
To: K. Richard Pixley <K.Richard.Pixley@nominum.com>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/18/2003 11:30:34
That's not my experience with VMware running on an XP host with a
NetBSD 1.6T VMware guest:

Taken from the dmesg:

isapnp0: no ISA Plug 'n Play devices found
Kernelized RAIDframe activated
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <VMware,, VMware Virtual S, 1.0> disk fixed
sd0: mode sense (4) returned nonsense; using fictitious geometry
sd0: 1024 MB, 1024 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 2097152 sectors
sd0: async, 8-bit transfers, tagged queueing

And yes, the mode sense does return nonsense, but the bha emulation
works.  Obviously, your mileage has varied.

Regards,
Alistair