Subject: mail server authentication
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <jukka-netbsd@2003.salmi.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/13/2003 21:45:13
Hello,

I want to set up a mail server providing SMTP and IMAP services.
Furthermore I'd like to manage domains and users virtually. I've
done this before using Linux, qmail, Courier IMAP and maildrop
(Courier IMAP and maildrop using virtual users defined in a userdb),
but now I want to use NetBSD and Postfix.

Which authentication systems exist / are recommendable on a NetBSD
system? It's possible to keep maildrop, Courier IMAP and the userdb,
but I'd like to get to know some other solutions for managing virtual
users.

Any comments are appreciated!

TIA, Jukka

--