Subject: Re: scsi controller card-39320D
To: Selvan Naidoo <selvany@cat.co.za>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/08/2003 17:13:46
On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 04:09:26PM +0200, Selvan Naidoo wrote:
> I need to connect to an easyRAID box and the SCSI controller card I am using is an Adaptec 39320D.
> My operating system is NetBSD 1.6.1
> A "dmesg" on the system indicates that the card exists however I can not do a disklabel.
> The system diplays: "device not configured".
> Has anyone been able to accomplish this successfully?

The 39320 is not supported in NetBSD 1.6.1. It needs the newer 'ahd' driver,
which is only present in NetBSD-current. There's currently no plan
to backport that driver to the 1.6 branch (although it would not be
that much of an issue to do so).

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org