Subject: Re: MySQL from Source
To: Thompson, Jimi <JimiT@mail.cox.smu.edu>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/05/2003 00:02:21
Thompson, Jimi [Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 04:54:16PM -0500]:
> Has anyone successfully compiled and run MYSQL from source on NetBSD 1.6?
>

> I having serious problems getting it to recognize my OS and host information
> and as a result the ./configure won't complete.

Dear Jimi,

please try http://pkgsrc.org . It's easy. Just install it, then type:

	cd /usr/pkgsrc/databases/mysql-server && make install clean

It's the official way of compiling / installing 3rd party packages on NetBSD
systems. You can fit it to work on Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, Darwin and
propably many, many other operating systems.

Regards,
--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl
Noise to meet you.