Subject: Re: printing via parallel port
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/31/2003 22:24:39
On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 01:45:25PM +0200, David Wetzel wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> I am printing via cups to /dev/lpt0
>
> It works fine, but the machine (pentium III-500) is very slow until the job is done.The printer has over 64MB ram that should not be the problem on a single page  fax via gimp.
>
> Any ideas? the same setup works better on W2k.

Hmm, I'm seeing the same problem on 1.6.1 (haven't tested with
-current). Everything is printed fine, except that the machine is
really slow and the CPU load is abnormally high (2~30% or so)
while printing. On the same machine, the Linux version of CUPS
just works nicely and as fast as the Windows printer driver.

I'm using an Epson Stylus Photo 710.

Jun-Young

--
Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@NetBSD.org>