Subject: another misplaced Q: wierdity w/ kxicq2 ... and some other stuff
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Hume Smith <hclsmith@yahoo.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/13/2003 18:03:45
Has anyone built a recent kxicq2

and run it only to get little boxes instead of letters? It happens to me when
I use a 15bpp and/or Truecolor Xserver.  But on a lesser display, it works
fine. (same build - didn't mean to imply that sort of connexion. it runs ok
on )

Dunno if this is mebbe some weird bug in XF4x. (Ever notice that ksirtet and
klichety seem to get old windows or other rubbish as backgrounds?)

BTW has anyone ever gotten KDE thumbnailing to work on an 8bpp display? The
palettes are always botched in mine.

I've reported some of these bugs but they seem to go to Cyg X-1 ... and KDE is
way to big a meal of C++ for me to try to debug