Subject: Re: Install doesn't see ATA133 drive?
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/08/2003 20:01:08
On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 02:57:26PM -0400, Ajai Khattri wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 08:36:39PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> > > I make the disklabel, select packages, but then the installation dies during
> > > unpacking saying that Im out of space on wd0a.
> >
> > Maybe you didn't make wd0a large enouth, or you didn't specify mount points
> > for the other(s) partitions ?
> > Can you post the dmesg and disklabel ?
>
> I used the defaults pretty much, except I added a /var partition (4Gb) and made
> /usr fill the rest of the drive (20-something Gb).

It is also possible that the default '/' is actually too small, although
it is usually ok because space is reserved for some preserved system dumps.

Are you actually sure you got a 'wd0a out of space' message, rather
than an 'md0a' one caused by sysinst trying to core dump?

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk