Subject: Re: lost keyboard repeat
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/05/2003 14:20:47
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Today, my keypress repeating stopped working. For example, I can't hold
> down a key and have it repeated. (Now I have to press the arrow key many
> times to move around.)

My X keyboard control auto repeat was turned off. I saw with "xset q".

I fixed it by doing "xset r on".

I was building and testing pkgsrc for a new lletters package which uses
gdk_imlib and gtk.

So I searched for xset in the work directory. The lletters change log
says: "... using
        'xset r off' to turn off auto repeating keystrokes. I did some
        investigating, and am now doing this inside the game, using the
        gdk_key_repeat_disable/restore functions."

When lletters runs, it disables it :(

When it crashes, it stays disabled :(

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/