Subject: Re: emulating Debian GNU/Linux?
To: Thomas Hafner <hafner@sdf-eu.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/26/2003 12:49:48
On 26 Jun 2003, Thomas Hafner wrote:

> I have to look anywhere else? Or is there an adequate substitute for
> tob + afio?

I assume if these are in Debian that they are open source. Then just build
from source code on NetBSD.

afio is available via sunsites:
 http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/system/backup/

And tob is at
http://tinyplanet.ca/projects/tob/

> In addition I'm missing: bbdb (The Insidious Big Brother Database) and
> dependent packages (for syncing with devices a.s.o.).

I didn't see bbdb in the pkgsrc, but a search showed that panix..com has a
bbdb package for NetBSD.

You should consider making pakcages for pkgsrc. Email tech-pkg for help.
Look at pkgsrc/Packages.txt for help.

> Can pkgsrc handle dependencies from roles, like APT does? E.g. a
> package might depend from mail-transport-agent, which isn't an actual
> package, but something like a role, and any of the packages like exim,
> sendmail, postfix, qmail a.s.o. can play that role.

I'd like that to be implemented.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/