Subject: NetBSD on VMWare
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ambarish Malpani <ambarish@caymas.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/20/2003 16:16:48
Hi Guys,
    I have been running NetBSD on VMWare (on Win2K) for about 4 months now
and am
very, very happy with it.

Have 2 problems have have been nagging me for some time:

1. Can't get vmware tools for NetBSD. I don't care much for the graphics
acceleration, but I do care about the fact that the time on my virtual
NetBSD
box get completely screwed up. Running ntpd doesn't help at all.

2. (I think), VMWare acts like I have a 10Mbps networking card, even though
I have a 100Mbps card. This slows down my file transfer speed more than it
needs to....

Anybody has any suggestions here? Have tried to ask VMWare to support
NetBSD,
but that sounds like a verrrrrry long shot....

Regards,
Ambarish