Subject: restoring bootselect
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/19/2003 22:08:11
I just installed xp on my i386 laptop, which also used to boot NetBSD
1.6I.  Of course during the install XP overwrote the boot loader
(savages).  So in an attempt to fix things, I booted from a NetBSD
boot disk, and from there to the kernel on my NetBSD partition.

As root, I ran fdisk -B, and wrote out new bootselect code, with a 5
sec delay and an option for xp and one for netbsd.  This was easy, I
thought. Chyah. But the box still goes straight into XP!  No nice 5
second delay, no nice little menu, nothing.

I'm missing something easy.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
-russ