Subject: problems with Mylex DAC1164P aka extremeRAID 1100
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Marko Schuetz <MarkoSchuetz@web.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/19/2003 15:28:05
Trying to install NetBSD 1.6.1 on a Siemens Primergy 870, the Mylex
RAID controller seems to cause some trouble:

The generic kernel boots and identifies the controller and attached
logical drive. Shortly after the attach message mlx0:... there are
periodic messages

mlx0: periodic enquire failed ...

and

mlx0: bad completion returned

I did upgrade the controller firmware to version 5.08-87, but the
problem remains.

I can then partition and newfs the drive (ld0), and start the
installation of the packages. The install then stops after some time
with screenfulls of write errors on ld0e (having mount point /usr).

Consulting mailing lists and the bug database I found kern/14266,
which looks very much like my problem here.

Has anyone looked into this already? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Marko