Subject: Re: d-link dwl 660 / pci-pcmcia bridge...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/18/2003 20:36:22
Siegmund Fuhringer <sifu@0xx0.net> wrote:

> so i need a pci-pcmcia bridge, but there are so many available and i
> don't know which one can be used with an d-link dwl 660, has netbsd
> support and is cheap.

This is what I use:

cbb0 at pci0 dev 18 function 0: Texas Instruments PCI1410 PCI-CardBus Bridge (rev. 0x01)
cbb0: interrupting at irq 10
cardslot0 at cbb0 slot 0 flags 0
cardbus0 at cardslot0: bus 1 device 0
pcmcia0 at cardslot0
wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01

Check sys/dev/pci/pccbb.c for a list of supported pci-cardbus bridges.

Chances are you'll need some of:

options PCIBIOS
options PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP
options PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP
options PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP

I never bothered to check if PCIBIOS and PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP are enough
to get the interrupt for the bridge (the box was set up in a hurry).

PS: No idea about DWL-660, or how cheap this bridge was ;)

SY, Uwe