Subject: Re: Weird DNS entry...
To: Dave Uhring <duhring@charter.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/16/2003 15:34:23
On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 03:24:50PM -0500, Dave Uhring wrote:
> On Monday 16 June 2003 02:42 pm, Richard Rauch wrote:
>
> > The 64.3.102.155 is bogus.
>
> Not entirely.  It resolves to 64.3.102.155.ptr.us.xo.net

Well, yes, but I mean that it is bogus relative to my subnet/domain.
It shouldn't be there as a second olib.org IP number.

I sent a note to the xo.com people as an early heads-up, in case someone
in their domain is hacking systems, or someone else is hacking systems
and leaving "fingerprints" to incriminate an xo.com user...

> Owned by XO Communications, Reston, VA, a DSL provider.

(nod)  I found them.  (^&