Subject: Re: force fsck at boot time
To: Panagiotis G. Labropoulos <plabrop@phys.uoa.gr>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/12/2003 22:28:18
On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 08:09:58PM +0300, Panagiotis G. Labropoulos wrote:
> minutes. The UPS does not communicate with the server so it cannot shutdown
> properly. The power supply of the system has a two position switch so that
> the system boots up when power is restored. Because I cannot always run fsck
> manually, I would like to force fsck on all files systems at boot time,
> until restoration of the facilities is through.

When a storm comes through my area I have scripts that remount my
filesystems. Some filesystems go read-only, and some go sync. This
minimizes my risk of data loss in the event the power goes out.

That's the idea, anyway.
--
"A method for inducing cats to exercise consists of directing a beam of
invisible light produced by a hand-held laser apparatus onto the floor ...