Subject: Re: kernel tuning issues
To: Julian C. Dunn - Lists <lists@aquezada.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/12/2003 19:17:22
On 12 Jun 2003, Julian C. Dunn - Lists wrote:

> If this is the case, how would I go about fixing the problem? Is there a
> system-wide sysctl parameter? I see that the system doesn't have an
> /etc/login.conf so I presume the restriction would be elsewhere.

I think the per-process limit maybe 80.

If you want to do it the login.conf(5) way, maybe have an entry like:

web:maxproc=300:

Then in master.passwd for your web account use that "web" class (fifth
field).

Have a look at the current processes available for your server:

sysctl proc.(place PID here).rlimit.maxproc

Try increasing that to see if that works too.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/