Subject: RE: force fsck at boot time
To: 'Lubomir Sedlacik' <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Panagiotis G. Labropoulos <plabrop@phys.uoa.gr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/12/2003 20:09:58
That is what I did first, but the system halts for unknown reason after =
the
message:
***** FILE SYSTEM MARKED CLEAN *****

***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
No further lines are diplayed.

Yesterday, a construction group damaged some power cables and the =
optical
fibers to the sciences Faculty. Repairing this damaged requires cutting =
of
electrical power for long, unscheduled interval during day. The NetBSD
server has a UPS attached to it which can provide power for aprox. 30
minutes. The UPS does not communicate with the server so it cannot =
shutdown
properly. The power supply of the system has a two position switch so =
that
the system boots up when power is restored. Because I cannot always run =
fsck
manually, I would like to force fsck on all files systems at boot time,
until restoration of the facilities is through.
Best Regards,
PGL
=20
hi,

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 02:15:31PM +0300, Panagiotis G. Labropoulos =
wrote:

> How do I force checking of file systems on boot time when they are
> marked clean?

edit your /etc/rc.d/fsck and add -f flag to fsck, "fsck -p" -> "fsck =
-fp"

from fsck(8):

 -f      Force checking of file systems, even when they are marked clean
         (for file systems that support this), or when they are mounted
         read-write.

i am not sure i understand why would you want to do this, though.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --
--                  <salo@silcnet.org>                   --