Subject: Trouble with dsl, squid & mail-index.netbsd.org
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Murray Armfield <murray.armfield@arconsulting.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/11/2003 17:48:09
Hi Folks,
    We have a strange issue that we cannot resolve and I was wondering
if anyone could help us. We have a dsl connection to the internet which
seems to work fine (including mtu sysctl's from netbsd help page).
    We have an ipnat server that seems to work fine, again with additions
from netbsd dsl help page.
    Web browsing using just ipnat from a windows client works fine.
    We have a recent copy of squid installed from pkgsrc.
    Web browsing works fine through squid from windows client, EXCEPT
for trying to browse the mail-index.netbsd.org pages. This doesn't occur
on some of our other NetBDS networks which do not use dsl connections.
If we turn off proxy settings in web client program, all is good. With
proxy settings on, everything seems to work on the web but
mail-index.netbsd.org.

   Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
   Murray Armfield