Subject: URGENT Help Needed
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MICHAEL DORAN <sma_8@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/10/2003 02:44:02
Hello

I am a user of Microsoft Products & currently I am
using Windows 98, 2000 Professional & XP on
my Pentium 1, 200 Mhz PC. The problem I am facing is
that my LAN Card (Ethernet Controller)
(Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC) is
working fine on Windows 98, but on Windows 2000
& Windows Xp (Professional) it just doesn't go up.
Point to be noted that the controller works fine
under "safe mode with networking" on both XP & 2000. I
have to keep it disabled on XP, 2000, just when
I try to install the controller or enable it, the
windows(XP & 2000) hangs up & i have to reboot the
system,
even then the system doesn't boot on XP & 2000, until
I go to the safe mode, disable the ethernet, & then
reboot again in
normal mode.

I am very sick & tired of the above-mentioned problem
& will be very glad to get an early piece of workable
advise from
your side.

Thanks & Regards.
Michael Doran