Subject: Re: problem with isa pnp modem
To: Dovli , netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/09/2003 14:42:01
At 11:25 AM +0300 6/9/03, Dovli wrote:
>Hello
>
>I have trouble setting up an Rockwell isa pnp modem under netbsd
>1.61 . The kernel recognises the device but cannot assign an irq to
>it -- the message is isapnp1:..........at irq 3 not configured.

That is not an issue with assigning the IRQ. NetBSD properly sees it
as IRQ 3, but NetBSD is telling you that the device that is at IRQ 3
is not supported by the kernel that is running.

If you posted exactly what device it is probed as, someone may be
able to say whether it is supported with a recompiled kernel or
whether it's currently a lost cause. I don't know if NetBSD supports
WinModems or not...Linux does have some support for a few models.

HTH
Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.