Subject: Re: pkgsrc CVS tags
To: Jukka Salmi <jukka-netbsd@2003.salmi.ch>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/05/2003 11:24:31
On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Jukka Salmi wrote:

> Do pkgsrc revisions other than HEAD get new bugfixes? Or are they in
> a frozen state?
> I'm setting up a NetBSD machine for a friend, and I'd like not to spend
> too much time updating packages once everything works, unless there's a
> security problem. (The base system is netbsd-1-6 stable and will be kept
> up to date.)

"pkgsrc" only began experimenting with branches leading up to the
NetBSD 1.6 release. As of now, the most current and best supported
branch in pkgsrc (besides the HEAD itself) is netbsd-1-6-1. At this
point in time, that branch is expected to get only build fixes and
security fixes, so that sounds like your best bet.

Frederick